We hope you enjoyed your first week of IFG! Here is your next round of resources, guidelines and frameworks to watch, read, practice and use. Please feel free to get in touch with us if there’s anything we can help with.
“There was nothing eternal about nations, nothing biological about nationality. In a precious few states, one ethnic group still comprised more than 95 percent of the population (Iceland, Japan and Malta, to name a few). In the rest, the ‘nation’ of nation-state fame had to be invented. To arrive at this imagined singularity in the face of the complexities of history — civil wars, shifting borders, myriad languages, varying complexions — required the privileging of the culture of certain nationals over others’.” – Taiye Selasi
“Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.” – Henry James
Say “Yes, and…”
YOU DON’T KNOW THE RULES HERE YET, AND THAT’S OKAY!
Improvise—use “Yes, and…” to your benefit:
- Listen to, respect and build on what others have to offer you.
- Be open to unexpected ideas, experiences and opportunities.
- Create something out of nothing in each moment of uncertainty.
What did I learn today?
- Podcasts to practice conversational Spanish—10 minutes of Spanish conversation followed by 10 minutes of English explanation.
- Click HERE to subscribe in iTunes.
- Independent Spain news in English.
- Madrid’s official tourism website with the latest information on everything happening in the city and surrounding areas.